Blaze of Glory — Online for 2020
Due to limitations on large gatherings, the 2020 Blaze of Glory Gala will be an online auction this year. While we will certainly miss the fellowship and community building (and dancing!) that this event provides, we are excited about the opportunity to reach supporters around the country that normally may not have been able to participate. There will be lots of great auction items to bid on, a fun surprise from the Art Department, as well as new games of chance. We hope we can count on your support as we blaze new trails this year!
Online Auction Details
Auction Link: https://bid.atterberryauction.com/auctions/catalog/id/25847/
Auction Opens: Saturday, November 7 at 9:00 a.m.
Auction Closes: Friday, November 13 at 10:00 p.m.
Expectations for auction participation:
- All bidders must complete a quick registration through the Atterberry Auction site.
- The auction will close at 10 p.m. on 11/13 (*One exception: if a bid is placed on a particular item within the last few minutes of the allotted bidding time, bidding will be extended on that item by 3-minute. This will continue until no bids are placed within the allotted 3-minute timeframe).
- Payment may be made instantly via credit card, or LOCAL/Columbia-area buyers may opt to pay via check, made payable to TCHS.
- Out-of-town buyers opting to have an item shipped will be able to include shipping charges in their credit card payment transaction.
- Winning bidders will be contacted by the Tolton Advancement team on Monday, November 16, to arrange for pickup/delivery of their purchase(s). November 19 and 20 are being held as anticipated pick up/delivery dates, but appointments can be made outside that timeframe if/as needed.
Thanks to our friends at KT Diamond Jewelers, EACH time you place a new bid on an item in the online auction, you will be entered to win our mystery item, valued at $6,000! For example, if you bid once on one item, you will receive 1 entry; if you bid five times on that item, you will receive 5 entries. We intend to draw the winner of the item during a Facebook live stream on Saturday, November 14 with Kyle and Tracy Batisch.
Due to the postponement of the Mizzou-Georgia football game this weekend, we are going to pivot our Football Squares contest to the Chiefs-Raiders game on November 22 at 7:20 p.m. If you have already reserved a square, your square for the new game will be added automatically. For every $100 donated to our Trailblazer Fund between now and whenever we sell out, we will randomly assign you to one square on our grid. There will be 100 squares available. Click HERE to donate online.
Winning scores will be based on the score at the end of each quarter. For example, if the score at the end of the game is 49-0 (Chiefs, of course), the person whose name is in the square that aligns with 9 in the top column and 0 in the left column would be the winner. Must be 18 or older to enter.
Winners will be as follows:
- End of 1st Quarter: $500
- Halftime: $1,000
- End of 3rd Quarter: $500
- Final: $3,000
Thank you to our generous sponsors!
Headline Event Sponsors:
Mystery Giveaway Sponsor
Friend of Tolton Sponsors
Thank you to all of the individuals and businesses that donated auction items. You can view a full list of those HERE.